Saturday, September 16, 2006

Started my long run at 6:15. Barton Springs was closed for the ACL music fest. 81 degrees and humid is a bad recipe for 20 miles with no cold spring water to look forward to. Met up with Mike McNeil, Greg Thomas and Roger Isern. We were quickly passed by Woo, Watson and Rausch. I felt bad from the start. No Gu. No energy. Up late picking Amanda up from the HS football game. Lake Travis lost, but the band didn't seem to care.

I managed 18.6 miles which was 1/10th of a mile longer than last week. So far for the week, I've got 50 miles under my belt. Did 55 last week. Looks like I'll hit 250 for the month, which would be a record. Hope I don't break. I'm sore. Wondering if I need to take a few days off, but I've gotten into this whole ramp-up thing and it's motivating me to get up and run.

I've had some really good interval sessions in recent weeks - shooting for three per week with any race counting as one. Last weekend, I ran the 5k Arts run. Floyd Watson won in 17:41. I snuck under 18:00 to take third. Like the Fila relays, I never really found a smooth pace. We both won 2 pairs of tickets to 4 Paramount shows. If anyone knew how good the prizes would be, I'd have no chance. Ann Richards died. We'll miss her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home